Legendary investor Paul Tudor Jones says the stock market's wild ride will continue in 2019.
"I think we're going to see a lot more of what we just saw, which is a lot more volatility," Jones told CNBC's Andrew Ross Sorkin from his offices on "Squawk Box" on Monday. "It's really easy to say 'I'm really bullish' or 'I'm really bearish.' I kind of see a two-sided market."
"I think in the next year it will be, from where we are today, ... at least 10 percent down and 10 percent up; maybe 15 percent either way from where we are right now," Jones said.
Jones, the founder of Tudor Investment, is known for making big calls on the market. One His biggest calls include correctly predicting the 1987 stock-market crash.
However, the billionaire investor told CNBC on July 12 that stocks could go "crazy" to the upside to end 2018. That call has yet to pan out as the S&P 500 is down more than 1 percent for the year and has plummeted more than 10 percent since hitting an all-time high on Sept. 21.
This is breaking news. Please check back for updates.
from Top News & Analysis https://ift.tt/2QpqcqI
No comments:
Post a Comment